Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our unwanted visitor

This morning, being that it is a beautiful warm sunny day, i opened the windows for some fresh air and got a wierd surprise.....
Soprano was by the fence staring up at his new friend (notice the electric fence wiring) which was keeping soprano from attacking this new visitor....

The only thing i can think is that this possum was coming in for soprano's food, there was some spilled onto the concrete from yesterday and i'm sure he was munching it all night and came back this morning not expecting to find soprano...

I missed getting a good shot with the dog poised staring at him but here is our first visitor of the spring from the woods behind our house...


He was a fat fat fat possum (maybe a pregnant female?) and had huge teeth, jared got right up next to it against my better judgement and eventually knocked it back into the woods with a broom....

2 comments:

Jay and Ang said...

Awh...I want to pet possum. :)

Colleen said...

I remember seeing a few possums out in the countryside near where I live in California years back. They use to freak me out. They look like cats with giant rat faces. Eeww..just the thought of having to push it away with a broom gives me the chills! But what a hero! LOL